The videos produced important positive impacts, with many residents thinking and talking about memories that they have not recalled in a while. Surveys on self-reported and observable changes produced the following results from participants:
· 79% felt good about the 3Scape experience
· 60% thought the activity helped them recall moments or experiences from their past
· 67% felt engaged throughout the activity
· 65% said they were interested in doing the activity again
Comments from participants in answer to the question “what is your overall impression of the 3Scape viewings?”
· Enjoyed it a lot and look forward to going to more
· If you actually sit and are ready for it, it’s calming and relaxing
· First time I saw it, WOW! So different
· It made me feel like I was RIGHT THERE – it was very interesting
· The 3D gives you the feeling of depth, along with the associating sounds
· Yes, love the 3D; it’s interesting.
What are your thoughts on the pace of each video clip?
· I didn’t think about the pace because I was in the moment so that probably means it was just right
· I was busy thinking about the memories that came up
Do you remember feeling anything emotional about the movies? Was it a good or bad feeling, and how long did that last?
· I lived on a farm so it really took me back
· Loved the fact that we can go “back in time” and it’s nice that we can recognize the music
· Makes you think of and remember things that you haven’t thought about in a long time
Would you recommend these experiences to others?
· I would recommend it GREATLY for the Care Center residents
Any feedback you would like us to share with the 3Scape team?
· I’m an armchair traveler so this is perfect
· Baby Animals is great – a classic favorite here at SV
· The outdoor scenery was amazing
· Seeing the dances was great and really fun
· When the bunny hop came up for The Dance, I got very excited
Caregivers capturing resident reactions:
· Made her feel like she experienced the scenery
· I know I will not get a chance to visit and I was able to do that today
· Resident tried to reach out and touch animals, smiled knowingly
As a result of 3Scape’s video process, the residents and staff of Sunny View participated in deep and insightful conversations about their pasts and memories. Through self-reported and observed data, we were able to conclude that:
· Residents had positive opinions about the 3D 3Scape experiences.
· The company’s content production and proactive discussion designs are critical ingredients to creating successful and meaningful engagement opportunities in senior living communities.
Residents, on the whole, expressed interest in having 3Scape be a permanent part of Sunny View’s calendar of events. The life enrichment staff will continue to offer viewings twice a month. When asked how often they would like to see these viewings scheduled on the calendar, residents replied: "A few times a month· Enjoyed it a lot and look forward to going to more."
Under the worst of conditions, your staff have excelled under huge pressure, long hours, and burnout, doing their best to protect frail residents from the impact of the coronavirus.
The vaccine is here. A new normal will emerge.
When that time comes, 3Scape’s technology might just help make the future for your staff and residents a little easier and brighter.