Evaluate the effectiveness of the 3Scape System on improved engagement, positive affect, psychosocial well-being, mood and behavior patterns for PLWD in a designated supportive living facility.
During the video screenings there were far more observations of positive emotions, such as pleasure and general alertness over negative emotions such as anger, fear/anxiety and sadness.
While the 3Scape videos were playing, there were significantly less:
* Sad, pained or worried facial expressions
* Demonstrations of sadness or depression
* Recurrent crying and tearfulness
It became less likely to see:
* Reduced social interactions
* Withdrawal from activities of interest
It became more likely to see:
• Greater involvement
Equally important was that:
1. If participants did withdraw in some way during the videos, it was easier to engage them again.
2. There continued to be less of the negatives and more of the positive involvement during the two-week post intervention period.
1. The 3Scape intervention has not only improved outcomes related to sadness, depression, and social interaction, but that these effects endure into the two-week post intervention period.
2. In some cases the results indicate a significant improvement in the post intervention period from even the significantly improved results when videos were screened.
3. These results support the potential benefit of implementing the 3Scape System, with some vignettes demonstrating better outcomes than others.(Detailed methodology and specific test results may be made available on request.)
Under the worst of conditions, your staff have excelled under huge pressure, long hours, and burnout, doing their best to protect frail residents from the impact of the coronavirus.
The vaccine is here. A new normal will emerge.
When that time comes, 3Scape’s technology might just help make the future for your staff and residents a little easier and brighter.